A Celebration of 10 Years of DIMACS
Friday, October 9, 1998
*** Please note change in location. ***
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Busch Campus Center, Multipurpose Room, Busch Campus,
3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
CoRE Building, Busch Campus, Rutgers University
The DIMACS Partners:
DIMACS is an NSF Science and Technology Center and is also supported by the New Jersey Commission
on Science and Technology.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Princeton University
- AT&T Labs - Research
- Bell Labs
- NEC Research Institute
You are invited to attend our celebration in honor of DIMACS' 10th
anniversary. We have planned a series of research talks, panels on
educational issues and an evening reception to celebrate the first ten
years of DIMACS. A full day of activities is planned with
presentations from distinguished guests including:
- Jennifer Chayes, Director of the Theory Group, Microsoft Research
- Margaret (Midge) Cozzens, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, University of Colorado - Denver
- Dick Karp, Professor of Science & Engineering and Adjunct Professor of Molecular Biotechnology, University of Washington
- Francis Lawrence, President, Rutgers University
- Laszlo Lovasz, Professor of Computer Science and Mathematics, Yale University
- Steve Maurer, Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Swarthmore College
- Jeremiah Ostriker, Provost, Princeton University
- Pavel Pevzner, Professor, Departments of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Southern California
- Ricky Pollack, Professor of Mathematics, Courant Institute, New York University
- Henry O. Pollak, Visiting Professor of Mathematics Education, Department of Scientific Foundations, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Moshe Vardi, Professor and Chair of the Department of Computer Science, Rice University
(So we can get an idea of how many people to plan for.)
DIMACS Home Page
Contacting the Center
Document last modified on February 15, 1999.