DIMACS Workshop Organizer's Guide:
Workshop organizers are expected to manage the workshop schedule.
- 1. Opening
- Always start on time; this respects those who showed up on time.
- 2. Establish Ground Rules
- Tell the speaker how you will indicate
- when they are close to the end of their time
- when they are at the end
- If necessary, interrupt the speaker and end the talk to keep within the time
plus any margin you may previously have decided to allow.
- 3. Closing
- Always end meetings on time.
Organizers Guide Index
Contacting the Center
Document last modified on October 23, 2003.