Workshop on Mathematical Challenges for Sustainability
November 15 - 17, 2010
DIMACS Center, CoRE Building, Rutgers University
- Alejandro Adem, Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences (PIMS)
- Russell Caflisch, Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics (IPAM)
- Lou Gross, National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBios)
- Iain Johnston, Chair of MPS Advisory Committee to NSF
- Simon Levin, coAuthor of Toward a Science of Sustainability
- Fred Roberts, the Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science (DIMACS)
- Christiane Rousseau, Centre de Recherches Mathematique (CRM) and Chair of program Mathematics of Planet Earth, a joint program of 14 North American mathematical sciences
- Richard Smith, Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute (SAMSI)
The project is a joint activity of six mathematical sciences research institutes, four in the US and two in Canada, namely IPAM (Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics), NIMBios (National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis), SAMSI (Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute) and DIMACS (the Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science) in the US and CRM (Centre de Recherches Mathematiques) and PIMS (Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences) in Canada.
Workshop Report Page
- Workshop Report
- Workshop Announcement
- Call for Participation
- Information on
- Information on Travel
- Parking Permit
Parking permits will be available at the registration table on the day of the workshop.
Please park in lot 64 located between the CoRE Building and the Werblin Recreation Center.
- Important Reimbursement Information
Attendees who have been offered support should keep two rules
in mind. Reimbursement for air travel can only be made for
travel on US Flag Carriers, REGARDLESS OF COST. (For example, travel on airlines such as
United, Continental, USAir, and others that are United States
based are allowable. Travel on airlines such as Lufthansa, SAS, Air Canada
and other airlines based outside the US cannot be reimbursed by DIMACS.)
The second rule to keep in mind is to get original receipts for
all reimbursable expenses.
- If you're coming from abroad, check the latest visa requirements (they are changing all the time) and get an early start on obtaining a visa.
Contacting the Center
Document last modified on August 18, 2011.