DIMACS/MBI US - African BioMathematics Initiative: Workshop and Advanced Study Institute on Conservation Biology
August 11 - 13, 2010
Southern African Wildlife College, Hoedspruit, Limpopo, South Africa,
adjacent to Kruger National Park (NOTE: CHANGE OF VENUE)
Presented under the auspices of the DIMACS/MBI
US-African BioMathematics Initiative.
- Holly Gaff, Old Dominion University, hgaff (at) odu.edu
- Wayne Getz, (Program Chair), UC Berkeley, getz (at) nature.berkeley.edu
- Edward Lungu, U. of Botswana, Lunguliz (at) gmail.com
- Wandera Ogana, University of Nairobi, wogana at unobi.ac.ke
- Fred Roberts, DIMACS, froberts (at) dimacs.rutgers.edu
- Sadie Ryan, University of California, Santa Barbara, sjryan (at) nceas.ucsb.edu
- George Wittemyer, Colorado State, gwittemyer at africaonline.co.ke
This Advanced Study Institute and workshop are jointly sponsored by:
Due to US State Department warning about travel to Kenya during the
time of the Workshop, we had to make the decision to move to South Africa.
- Workshop Announcement
for Participation: Contributed Papers and Posters
Registration Fees: $300 (Covers lodging, meals, reception, banquet
and workshop materials)
South African Wildlife College
Private Bag X3015
Phone: +27 (0) 15 793 7300 / Fax: +27 (0) 15 793 7314
- Lecture Slides
- Travel and Accommodations Information
Reservations are being made for workshop speakers/presenters via
the DIMACS Staff. Please contact Christine Spassione or
Gene Fiorini if you
- Important Reimbursement Information
Attendees who have been offered support should keep two rules
in mind. Reimbursement for air travel can only be made for
travel on US Flag Carriers, REGARDLESS OF COST. (For example, travel on airlines such as
United, Continental, USAir, and others that are United States
based are allowable. Travel on airlines such as Lufthansa, SAS, Air Canada
and other airlines based outside the US cannot be reimbursed by DIMACS.)
The second rule to keep in mind is to get original receipts for
all reimbursable expenses.
- If you're coming from abroad, check the latest visa requirements (they are changing all the time) and get an early start on obtaining a visa.
Contacting the Center
Document last modified on July 23, 2010.