Membership in DIMACS:
Every member of a DIMACS unit who is certified by the unit
representative is a DIMACS member. The representative from each unit can be found on the Members by Unit list
Individuals who are not members of a DIMACS unit may become DIMACS
members through approval of the Executive Committee. The process is
initiated by a present member of DIMACS and usually will only be
considered for people who are or have been heavily involved in DIMACS
The privileges of and advantages of DIMACS membership include:
- Access to DIMACS computing facilities according to rules and
priorities established by DIMACS management.
- The right to make
requests for visitors through the DIMACS visitor committee.
- The right to serve on the Executive Committee, Council, and other DIMACS
- The ability to have input into unit membership if that
ability is granted by their unit.
- Priority with workshop proposals.
- The ability to influence the
directions of the organization through suggestions to management.
- Priority given to proposals for DIMACS activities.
- The right to
submit grant proposals through DIMACS (as long as they are consistent
with center goals and purposes and capabilities).
- The use of library facilities at the participating universities.
- Waiver of registration fees at DIMACS workshops.
- The use of office space when available while visiting the DIMACS location at Rutgers.
- Support for organizing seminar series of inviting seminar speakers.
- Access to parking privileges at DIMACS-Rutgers.
- Access to technical report series for widespread dissemination of reports.
- Access to funds for (partial) student support.
More detailed information on Membership services.
The responsibilities of DIMACS members include the
willingness to make suggestions about future programs and directions
for the center and the willingness to serve on center committees or
organize center activities.
DIMACS home page
Alphabetical Index of DIMACS Web Pages
Contacting the Center
Document last modified on May 1, 2009.