Quantitative Landscape Ecology &
Environmental Sustainability Workshop July 3 - 7, 2012
Deadline for Full Consideration:
April 1, 2012.
Applications will continue to be
all slots are filled.
Graduate Student Participants should submit their applications
|Four parts to the application:
1. the electronic application form
2. an abstract of recent work that is related to the workshop theme or a statement of interest and commitment if there is no abstract (uploaded through the website, .pdf and .doc files only)
3. a letter of recommendation (uploaded through the website, .pdf and .doc files only).
4. Optional: submit an abstract for a talk or a poster to be given at the workshop
1. Graduate Student Applicant: On-line ApplicationThis electronic application will collect information about your background, who is writing your recommendation letter, and basic information on how to contact you.
2. Graduate Student Applicant: Submit Statement of Interest and Commitment (.pdf or .doc files only)
Here is your opportunity to demonstrate why you should be chosen to participate in the Workshop. Submit an abstract of something on which you have been working that is related to landscape ecology and/or sustainable environments. If you would prefer, it is sufficient to submit an abstract for a talk or poster to present at the workshop. In that case, you may simply say you are submitting an abstract for a talk or poster at the workshop. However, you may submit an abstract and add additional relevant information here. If your recent work is not related to the workshop theme or if you have no abstract, then submit a brief statement explaining why you are interested in attending. You can explain your background, interests, motivations, and plans for the future.
3. Faculty Recommender: Submit Letter of Support (.pdf or .doc files only)Please explain why you believe the applicant has the background and ability to participate in this institute. Are you willing to work with this student after she or he returns from the workshop?
4. Optional: Submit an abstract for a talk or poster presentation at the workshop (.pdf or .doc files only)