Workshop on Mathematical Challenges for Sustainability
November 15 - 17, 2010
DIMACS Center, CoRE Building, Rutgers University
- Alejandro Adem, Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences (PIMS)
- Russell Caflisch, Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics (IPAM)
- Lou Gross, National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBios)
- Iain Johnston, Chair of MPS Advisory Committee to NSF
- Simon Levin, coAuthor of Toward a Science of Sustainability
- Fred Roberts, the Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science (DIMACS)
- Christiane Rousseau, Centre de Recherches Mathematique (CRM) and Chair of program Mathematics of Planet Earth, a joint program of 14 North American mathematical sciences
- Richard Smith, Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute (SAMSI)
The project is a joint activity of six mathematical sciences research institutes, four in the US and two in Canada, namely IPAM (Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics), NIMBios (National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis), SAMSI (Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute) and DIMACS (the Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science) in the US and CRM (Centre de Recherches Mathematiques) and PIMS (Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences) in Canada.
Call for Participation:
This workshop is by invitation only.
Contacting the Center
Document last modified on August 5, 2010.