the evil empire asks ...

David Dobkin (dpd@CS.Princeton.EDU)
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 15:01:53 -0400

THe folks at Microsoft have responded to ELaine's letter
thanking them for the WIndows '95 software by asking if
we want more free software.

I'm inclined to say ``sure! go ahead!'' in response to
this mail unless someone raises a flag of objection.

dpd

PS I Miss our afternoon discussions as I hear about you all going
back to the classroom, watch my kids go back to school
and worry that I, too, will start having to teach
next week.
From: Susanne Peterson <susannep@microsoft.com>
To: "'dpd@cs.princeton.edu'" <dpd@fs.CS.Princeton.EDU>
Subject: DIMACS DREI'96
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 09:56:28 -0700

David,

Hi! My name is Susanne Peterson and I work with Joel Kanter in the
academic group in the Internet Platforms and Tools Division at
Microsoft. He forwarded your letter dated 7/31/96 regarding the DIMACS
DREI'96 web page workshop. It sounds exciting! I would like to send
Microsoft's newest Visual J++ (power java programming tool) to each of
the participants free with your approval. I didn't want to make any
assumptions that I could do that without your o.k. Please advise.
Thanks.