Visit Amtrak on the WWW.
Another site from Cyberspace
World Railroad has detailed schedules.
See also the Unofficial NJ Transit
commuter train schedules - look under the Northeast Corridor.
Rutgers Info also offers information on
Trains to and from New York
From New York, NY or Newark, NJ.
- From Penn Station in New York City; or from Penn Station in Newark,
Ride to New Brunswick on Amtrak or New Jersey Transit.
New Jersey Transit costs less and is more frequent.
- Taxi services are familiar with University area.
Ask for CoRE Bldg. (behind Hill Center, on Busch Campus)
- Otherwise, two blocks behind station are Campus Bus Services.
a bit confusing; ask a student where to catch a campus bus.)
- Contact: Amtrak: 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) in US or Canada
(Use an international travel agent from other places.) Cost
between New York and New Brunswick is $18.00 one-way.
- Contact: New Jersey Transit - 1-800-772-2222.
NJ Transit is more frequent.
Cost (NJ Transit in 1998): $7.75 one-way and $11.50 round-trip.
Trains run from about 4:00 am to midnight, every half-hour
on weekdays and hourly on weekends.
From 30th Street Station in Philadelphia, use SEPTA train to
Trenton, NJ; transfer to NJ Transit and proceed as above.
Amtrak is a costlier option.