THE DIMACS RESEARCH AND EDUCATION INSTITUTE
Working towards integration of education and research in
the mathematical and computational sciences.
GEOMETRY, VISUALIZATION, and COMPUTING
- How can a robot plan a route that avoids obstacles?
- Where should hospitals be located for best community service?
- How does the shape of an airplane's wings affect its flight?
JUNE 23 - JULY 13, 1996
Mathematics or computer science teachers or supervisors
of grades 9-12, and researchers in computational geometry.
Teachers will participate in two ongoing workshops:
The program will also include workshops for researchers,
and all-institute activities
focusing on topics of interest to both researchers and educators.
- Computing and the Internet
- Computational Geometry and Discrete Mathematics
Lodging and meals (weekdays, on campus), a travel
allowance, and a stipend ($900) will be provided for the three weeks
Application Deadline: March 22, 1996
For Further Information:
This program is made possible by funding from the National
- Elaine Foley, DREI Administrator:
- Voice: 908-445-5928
- Fax: 908-445-5932
- Elaine Foley, DREI Administrator
- DIMACS Center
- Core Bldg.
- Busch Campus
- Rutgers University
- Piscataway, NJ 08855-1179
Please feel free to copy this notice.
The original has further details.
Return to Index
Document last modified on February 4, 1996.