Re: number theory problem

Duncan Chiu (dchiu@idt.net)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 23:53:08 -0400

Duncan Chiu wrote:

> Rosan was right, fellows.
>
> Paul, it is COOL! Will this be a part of DREI'97 program? If so, let me
> know quick. The deadline is 4/15 for application. This may help finalize
> my summer plan. Thanks.
>
> duncan
>
> P.S. I am going to have my students check it out in detail. Thanks for
> my next Internet projects. A quick update of my new experiment in class:
>
> 1) One student taught a three-day lesson on stock exchange. He used
> etrade.com in his presentation:

http://www.etrade.com
Check if out if you want to make your money work for you.

2) One student showed his math tricks in his magic lesson in two days.
He could have gone on for another day or so. I am holding it back for
rainy days.

3) Six students are working on Sim Tower. They will tell us if is is
educationally sound and mathematically challenged. Any comment from you
folks?

4) I touched upon a simple lesson on Chinese characters this morning.
Nothing beats the desire to know the secret of a teacher. Imagine that:
the nerve of them to ask for my age! They sweared that I am still at my
30's. They will never find it out, I can assure you.

so much this time.

duncan