Get the files
- Log in to your CSCI account, either in the lab, or
from home, by using "telnet". (You can telnet from Windows machine
by selecting "Run" on the Start menu, and typing
telnet csci.ecu.edu in the window that pops up.)
- When you are logged in, type the following:
- cp /home/hochberg/public/* . (Note...the dot at
the end is important.)
- This will put the files Book.txt, distill.c and distillit
in your directory.
- (Note that this is in place of any "ftp" commands that I
thought you would need to do when I mentioned this in class.) This should
make it all a lot easier.
What to do
- Edit the file distill.c. Your job is to replace all the lines
which have **************** in them with actual C++ code.
- Note that each line of asterisks can be replaced with a single
line of code. I'm sure there are other ways to do it as well.
- I have compiled a working version of this program...it's called
distillit. If you type "distillit" at the command
prompt, it will generate a word list from the file "Book.txt." You
can then look at this word list (It will be called "Wordlist.txt")
by typing "more Wordlist.txt." Hit the space bar when
"more"ing a file to see more pages of it, or "q" to get out of "more."