DIMACS Workshop on Mathematical Modeling of Infectious Diseases in Africa
June 25 - 27, 2007
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Presented under the auspices of the
Special Focus on Computational and Mathematical Epidemiology.
- Brenda Latka, (Program Chair), DIMACS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wayne Getz, UC Berkeley, email@example.com
- Abba Gumel, University of Manitoba, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fritz Hahne, AIMS, email@example.com
- John Hargrove, SACEMA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simon Levin, Princeton University, email@example.com
- Edward Lungu, University of Botswana, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fred Roberts, DIMACS, email@example.com
- Alex Welte, Wits University, firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop is jointly organized with African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), and
South African Centre for
Epidemiological Modelling and Analysis (SACEMA).
This workshop is jointly sponsored by:
- Workshop Announcement
- Call for Participation
- Conference Venue
The Neelsie Student Centre
Vroue Vereeniging Hall (also called the V V Hall)
The parking area is accessible from De Beer Street.
Margaret Ward will give everyone maps of where they are staying and where the
Neelsie is before they leave AIMS. Here is a map for the participant's reference: Map for Neelsie Student Centre
- List of Participants
- Registration Fees: $150 (1100 RAND)
- Travel and Accommodations Information
- Important Reimbursement Information
If reimbursement for travel is coming from the US or Canada, then air travel can only be made on US Flag Carriers, REGARDLESS OF COST. (unless no US flag carrier flies the route).(For example, travel on airlines such as
United, Continental, USAir, and others that are United States
based are allowable. Travel on airlines such as Lufthansa, SAS, Air Canada
and other airlines based outside the US cannot be reimbursed by DIMACS.)
The second rule to keep in mind is to get original receipts for
all reimbursable expenses.
- If you're coming from abroad, check the latest visa requirements (they are changing all the time) and get an early start on obtaining a visa.
Contacting the Center
Document last modified on July 2, 2007.