Re: Days Inn - directions

Elaine Foley (epfoley@dimacs.rutgers.edu)
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 13:26:19 -0400

Sanderson,

I guess that I got the impression that you'd be renting a car from
someone else's email (Darlen or Alan's?). Anyway, yes we will be
reimbursing you or anyone else that has transportation expenses. Since
I'm at Rutgers and dealing with Campus Travel, I need to follow their
procedures, which is to go the reimbursement route since they don't make
arrangements for car rentals (they can't bill us directly for this or
limo services).

Hence my reason for checking into the limo service to/from Newark. As I
mentioned in my earlier email the Princeton Airporter shuttle doesn't
drop off at the Day's Inn but State Shuttle will (800-427-3207 $37 one
way plus tolls & gratuity).

Here are the flight itineraries that I know of (for those of you who may
be interested in renting and sharing rides):

Scot Drysdale:
USAIR#5337 AR 9/27 Philadelphia 7:55 p.m. (Scot is renting a car)
USAIR#635 DP 9/29 " 9:30 a.m.

Roseann Krane:
UNITED #1146 AR 9/27 Newark 5:58 p.m.
UNITED #645 DP 9/29 " 10:30 a.m.

Anne Huffer:
CONT #500 AR 9/27 Newark 8:45 p.m.
CONT #459 DP 9/29 " 12:25 p.m.

Sanderson Smith:
UNITED #72 AR 9/27 Newark 5:56 p.m.
UNITED #75 DP 9/29 " 12:00 p.m.

Darlene Hughes:
UNITED #654 AR 9/27 Newark 6:28 p.m.
UNITED #645 DP 9/29 " 10:30 a.m.

Alan Pearson:
UNITED #362 AR 9/27 Newark 8:58 p.m.
UNITED #1185 DP 9/29 " 12:10 p.m.

At this point Carol Ann Giesing hasn't been able to make her
flight arrangements. Her surgery didn't go smoothly and she's still in
recuperation, so it may be that she can't make it to the follow-up. I
called her today and she's hoping to make some sort of decision on
travel today.

More info. on directions to Day's Inn:

To get to the Day's Inn, if you are coming from the North, it will be
just after you pass the South Brunswick Square Shopping Center (with
Pizza Star, South China, and Rumbleseats Restaurants).

If you are coming from the South, you will pass the Holiday Inn at one
traffic light (Ridge Road). Then you will pass a traffic light at
Raymond Road. Then you will see the Days Inn on the left, and will need
to do a U-Turn at the next intersection.

On leaving the Days Inn on rte 1 south, take first right on Raymond
Road. It merges into Rt 27 Soutbound (Nassau Street) in Kingston in a
Y intersection (i.e. a gradual left-hand turn at a traffic light).
Kingston is just one town up from Princeton. So continue for roughly 3
miles on Rt 27 (Nassau Street) until you hit the traffic light at Olden
Street, with the Orchid Pavillion restaurant on your right. Turn left
and you are at the CS Building.

Elaine