Re: Sunday followup to First followup

Charles Kwan (ckwan@dimacs.rutgers.edu)
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 20:33:02 -0700

Frances Boyle wrote:

> Charles Kwan wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I feel the same too. We just rushed through the day. By the way, I
> > tried out the new trick that Paul demonstrated to us, ftp(DL and
> > UL)files with Netscape. I guess we don't need to use Fetch(for mac) or
> > WS-FTP(for win) anymore.
> >
> > Good luck on everyone's project.
> >
> > Charles
> What is this new trick Paul demonstrated? I was meeting with the
> "WEBMASTER" and missed it. Can anyone tell me about these tricks I
> missed. Fran

Let's say you want to update your homepage.

Click on "Open" Location button in Netscape. Type in the following:

ftp://fboyle@dimacs.rutgers.edu/

Click OK.

Type in your password.

Click on the "public_html" folder then move the mouse cursor on top of
your html file.

Click and hold on the right button of your mouse, not the left button
and a small dialog box will appear. Move the cursor down to "Save Link
As" and release the button.

That's how you can download your html file from DIMACS's server to your
PC.

Now, you can also upload your html file to your directory.

Click on "File" and then click on "Upload file" in Netscape.

And I guess that's about it.

Good Luck!