Research Professor II, DIMACS, Rutgers University, 9/07 - present.
- Associate Director, Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, 1/06 - 8/07
- Colorado Institute of Technology
President and CEO, 4/03 - 4/06
Vice President and Chief Academic Office (on leave from CU-Denver), 3/01-12/01
- University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences
Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs and Provost, 7/98 - 3/03
Professor of Mathematics (continued to teach at CU, two courses a year, while President of CIT and while Vice Chancellor at CU; graduate Game Theory and undergraduate Math for Liberal Arts), 7/98 - 5/06
- National Science Foundation
Director of the Division of Elementary, Secondary and Informal Science Education, 12/92 - 6/98
Senior Executive Service Appointment (SES) - January 1993
SES Promotions - April 1994; April 1995; April 1996 - SES-4 (cap).
Section Head, Instructional Materials Development, 6/92 - 12/92
Program Officer, Instructional Materials Development, IPA, 8/91 - 6/92
- Northeastern University, Boston MA
Professor and Chairperson, Department of Mathematics, 1988-92
Associate Professor of Mathematics, 1984-88
Assistant Professor of Mathematics, 1980-84
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
Visiting Scholar, Department of Psychology and Social Relations, 1986-87
- Rutgers, the State University, NJ
Teaching Assistant in Mathematics, 1977-80
Founder and Director of a program to Combat Math Anxiety in Returning Women, Douglass College, 1977-80
Teaching Assistant in Mathematics, 1965-67
- Rider University, Lawrenceville NJ
Assistant Professor of Decision Sciences, 1975-77
Assistant Professor of Mathematics, 1967-74
- State University of NY at Geneseo
Instructor of Mathematics,1963-65
- Greece Olympia High School, Greece, NY
Teacher of Mathematics, 1962-63
Discrete Mathematical Modeling, Graph Theory, Game Theory, Mathematical Psychology, Network Vulnerability, Operations Research, Technology, Mathematics and Science Education.
- Topics in Math for Liberal Arts
- The History of Math
- Calculus for Business Administration
- 2010- present: PI and Project Director for Value of Computational Thinking Across Grade Levels, DIMACS, funded by the National Science Foundation
- 2010- present: coPI and Project Director for Interdisciplinary
Mathematics and Biology, at DIMACS, funded by the National Science Foundation
- 2009- present: Education Director for CCICADA, the funded Homeland Security Center of Excellence at Rutgers University.
- 2009-present: Rutgers Mathematics Department MSP grant for Middle School Teachers.
- 2006-present: Manager of the Bio-Math Connection Project work with DIMACS, Rutgers University, funded by the National Science Foundation
- 2009-present: Mentoring of REU students during the summer and beyond, two in 2009 and three in 2010.
- 2007-present: Online course development, and teaching for Rutgers Online ? Math 105.
- Rutgers University, Ph.D. and M.S. in Mathematics
- University of Rochester, B.A. in Mathematics and English
- 2005 Colorado Woman of Distinction Award
- Board of Directors of the Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum
- Securics Corporate Board of Directors
- Board of Directors of the Consortium on Mathematics and its Applications (COMAP)
- Board of Directors of the Economic Club of Colorado
- American Council on Education Task Force on Teacher Preparation
- New Forum Publishers Corporate Board of Directors
- Co-chairperson of the Technical Review Panel for TIMSS-R, the Third International Assessment of Mathematics and Science at the eighth grade repeat study
- Committee of Visitors for the Division of Mathematical Sciences at the National Science Foundation
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities Leadership Task Force
- Mathematical Association of America Science Policy Committee
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities Teacher Education Implementation Task Force
- OERI Review Process Review Panel
- Manager of the Colorado State Assessment Committee
- President Clinton's Task Force on Education as the Number One Priority
- National Education Research Policy and Priorities Board
- NSF's Director's Policy Group Task Force on Scientific Literacy
- NSF's Director's Policy Group Task Force on Integration of Research and Education
- Science and Technology Center Reviewer ? Site Visits, including November 2004 IMA; co-chair of Federal Coordinating Council on Science, Engineering, and Technology Committee on Education and Human Resources.
- Education and Human Resources Strategic Planning Committee
- Undergraduate Division Reorganization Committee
- Ding-I Wang, June 1985, "Closed Neighborhood Containment Graphs and the Channel Assignment Problem", Analyst - Taiwan Govt., and IBM Taiwan.
- Laura Kelleher, August 1985, "Domination in Graphs and Social Network Theory", Prof. Massachusetts Maritime College
- Shu-Shih Yang Wu, June 1986, "Graphs that are n*-line Connected and k*-line Critical", University of Kentucky and Northeastern University
- Shwu-Huey Yen, August 1986, Hamiltonian Elimination Orderings of Graphs", Asst.Prof., Merrimack College
- Robert Enzmann, August 1986, "A Mathematical Model of a 2-legged Walking Machine" (joint with Computer Science and Engineering) Mathematician for Raytheon Company
- Hwei-Jen Lin, September 1989, joint with Computer Science Assistant Professor, Rhode Island College
- Ioannis Bonias, July 1992 , Senior Scientist with Digital Corporation
- Dara Moazzami, joint with Samuel Stueckle, February 1992, Professor at Tehran University
- Omid Zafar, August 1994, Associate Professor, Newberry College
- Philip Carrigan, Psychology defense committee, December 1986
- Dong Hsu, Electrical Engineering defense committee, December 1988
- Heather Barker, "Applications of Game Theory to Terrorism", CU-DenverHSC, May 2005, Assistant Professor at Colorado School of Mines
Interested in my full vita? Click here for PDF.
Document last modified on October 9, 2012.