Visitor Application Procedures:
Applications are welcomed at any time.
- 1. DEADLINES
- 2. WHERE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS
- 3. APPLICATION CHECKLIST
- 4. SAMPLE COVER SHEET
- 5. CONTACT INFORMATION
The proposed host for your visit must submit your application by email (Postscript or plain ASCII only) for:
To help the selection committee, please be sure that all your materials
are included before sending your application, and please be concise and
observe the page limits.
- General Research Visitors to the Center's Visitor Committee by contacting Steve Fortune firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Year/Focus Visitors to the Special Focus Organizers
- Cover sheet with contact information (form attached below)
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- Bibliography of publications, TRs, etc. (2p MAX)
- Summary of previous research results (2p MAX)
Address this to a general audience of mathematicians
and computer scientists, rather than to specialists
in your field.
- Statement of research plans while at DIMACS (2p MAX) Please describe the research problem and directions you plan to pursue during your visit. In addition,
please explain how DIMACS resources or collaborations with
DIMACS members will benefit you, and how you hope to contribute
to the research life here.
See Member List and
for information about the DIMACS members
and DIMACS WWW pages
(http://dimacs.rutgers.edu) for information about
DIMACS range of programs.
Applicants interested in the Special Year programs
should address their plans for participating in
tutorials, workshops, and seminars specifically.
- Applicants applying for specific funding sources such
as GOALI or other NSF programs, should include additional materials
as required by the funding agencies.
(To be filled out and
included with application)
Application For DIMACS Visitors:
Please fill out and enclose with your application.
Which programs are you applying to?
___ General Visit
___ Self-Supported Visit
___ Other (GOALI, non-research home institution, etc.)
Please specify: _______________________________________________
Summary of proposed visit.
- Proposed dates of visit: _________________________________
- Support requested: _________________________________
- Other sources of support for this visit: _________________________________
- DIMACS Member Host: _________________________________
- Name: ______________________________
- Preferred mailing address
- Email address:
- Phone Number(s)/Best times to call.
- Work phone:
- Home phone:
- Host: Name, Email, Phone
You can use several methods to contact the DIMACS center.
- By telephone: 848-445-5929
- By FAX: 732-445-5932
- By postal mail:
- Attn: Visitor Coordinator
- DIMACS Center
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- 96 Frelinghuysen Rd.
- Piscataway, NJ 08854-8018 USA
All participating institutions are equal opportunity/affirmative action
DIMACS home page
Contacting the Center
Document last modified on October 1, 2014.