DIMACS remains open for business, but we are working remotely as New Jersey shelters in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Workshops that we planned to hold between March and August have been postponed, while several other programs have moved online. Here we provide a summary of the current status of various DIMACS programs and events. Individual webpages for specific events and programs will be updated with information on alternate plans as soon as they are determined.
REU: The DIMACS REU program will be a “virtual” REU this summer. Students will collaborate with their mentors online, and activities such as the REU seminar and graduate school panel will be held online.
Seminars: The Experimental Math Seminar, Graduate Combinatorics Seminar, and DATA-INSPIRE TRIPODS Seminar have moved online and information on weekly offerings can be accessed through our Events List. The Rutgers/DIMACS Theory of Computing Seminar and the Discrete Math Seminar are currently in hiatus.
Workshops and Other Events: The following events were planned for spring/summer 2020 and will be rescheduled:
- March 19, 2020: Spring 2020 Mixer at Nokia Bell Labs will be rescheduled for a future date (but not in Spring 2020.)
- April 27-29, 2020: Workshop on Meta-Complexity, Barriers, and Derandomization will be rescheduled for a new date in 2021.
- May 4-6, 2020: Workshop on Information-Theoretic Methods in Complexity Theory will be rescheduled for a new date in 2021.
- May 18-21, 2020: The 2020 Mixed Integer Programming Workshop featuring DANniversary will not be held as originally planned. There will now be a one-day MIP 2020 Online Edition held on May 18, 2019 that features keynote talks by two distinguished speakers, as well as the MIP student poster session. The rest of the program for MIP 2020 and DANniversary will take place in May 2021, with DIMACS as local host. Speakers originally slated to present at MIP 2020, as well as speakers associated with Danniversary, will present at MIP 2021.
- May 27-29, 2020: Workshop on Polynomial Optimization will be rescheduled for a new date in 2021.
- June 16, 2020: AI Day! was to be held in association with the DIMACS REU. Since REU will be remote this year, AI Day will be held in the summer of 2021.
- June 21-26, 2020: Reconnect 2020: Optimization will not be held as planned, but we will hold the same program as our 2021 Reconnect. This means that Reconnect 2021 will be on the theme of optimization with the same speakers.
- August 5-6, 2020: Workshop on Forecasting: From Forecasts to Decisions will not be held as planned. We are considering a virtual event on one of the planned dates, followed by an in-person event in the future when it is safe to travel. Full details will be posted on the workshop webpage when they are available.
All of us at DIMACS hope that you are staying healthy and productive during these unsettling times, and we look forward to seeing you at DIMACS again soon.