Put the Standards into Action in Your Classroom!
Mathematics Standards-Based and ESPA Workshops
Summer and Fall 1999
For K-2, 3-4, 5-8, and 9-12 Grade Teachers
Sponsored by The New Jersey Mathematics Coalition
Co-Sponsored by The Regional Centers of the New Jersey Statewide Systemic Initiative
This site contains information about 159 half-day standards-based
workshops for teachers that are being offered in June, August, and
- For each of the grade levels K-4, 5-8, and 9-12, there are eight different half-day standards-based workshops.
- Each workshop will be offered in June and August at three sites in the northern, central, and southern regions of the state.
- Each workshop addresses one or more of the mathematics standards in New Jersey's "core curriculum content standards", and also reflects the "cross-content workplace-readiness standards".
- There are six workshops for teachers of grades 3-4 which focus on New Jersey's mathematics standards as they are reflected in the Elementary School Proficiency Assessment (ESPA).
- The six workshops together address the five strands of the ESPA.
- Each workshop will be offered in August at three sites in the northern, central, and southern regions of the state; each workshop will also be offered in October.
- All morning workshops are from 8:45 to 11:45; all afternoon workshops are from 12:30 to 3:30.
- The cost is $50 per workshop. This fee includes refreshments; those attending two workshops in one day will also receive lunch.
- Enrollment is limited and applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
These workshops were developed and will be led
by teachers who participated in the Standards Dissemination Project
sponsored by the New Jersey Mathematics Coalition.
The Standards Dissemination Project was funded by Johnson & Johnson.
Additional funding was provided by the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation.
These workshops are sponsored by the New Jersey Mathematics Coalition.
Co-sponsoring these workshops are the Regional Centers of the New
Jersey Statewide Systemic Initiative (NJSSI) based at County College
of Morris, Lower Cape May County, New Jersey Institute of Technology,
Rowan University, Rutgers University, Stevens Institute of Technology,
and The College of New Jersey.