This page will provide information on the high-level schedule of the Challenge. It provides information, such as paper deadlines, that will be common across variants. We will make an effort to coordinate the phases of algorithm evaluation across the variants, but each variant will have more detailed intermediate milestones. Please refer to the Details & Rules for each variant on its webpage for a more fine-grained variant-specific schedule for algorithm evaluation.
- November 1, 2021: Deadline for contributing new instances.
- December 1, 2021: Final versions of the Details & Rules documents for each variant are posted.
- December 8, 2021: Deadline to register for competition.
- December 15, 2021: Official list of competitors is posted for each variant.
- January 16, 2022: Deadline for submitting output files for CVRP, VRPTW, and Ridehailing.
- January 23, 2022: Results for Phase 1 of CVRP and VRPTW are posted.
- January 30, 2022: Deadline for submitting output files for SDVRP, IRP, E-VRP, CARP, and TDCARP.
- February 1, 2022: Deadline for submitting short paper describing method and results.
- February 22, 2022: Invitations to present at the workshop are sent out.
- March 15, 2022: Workshop schedule is posted.
- March 15, 2022: Deadline for submitting finalized versions of papers to post on website.
- April 5-8, 2022: Concluding workshop is held. There will be much fanfare as awards are given.
- July 31, 2022: Deadline for submission to journal special sections.
- Each competition variant has its complete timeline in the Details & Rules document. Please be sure to check that document for any additional deadlines that apply for that track.
- Some the CVRP & VRPTW tracks include a Phase 2 competition that will take place in early February. Phase 2 will be conducted on DIMACS machines by the organizers. Other tracks do not have a Phase 2.
- A short paper (i.e., an extended abstract) is required from all participants wishing to receive awards or present at the workshop. Participants may optionally submit an article to be considered for publication in journal special sections. Due dates and other information will be posted here.
- We very much hope to hold the concluding workshop in person so that competitors can meet and exchanges ideas. Don't forget to insert your own "key date" to book your travel—we hope to see you there!